PHOENIX — Expect several weekend freeway closures for scheduled improvement projects, according to the Arizona Department of Transportation. There will be other ramp and lane restrictions as well.
Here is ADOT's Weekend Freeway Travel Advisory, directly from the site:
- Southbound Loop 101 (Price Freeway) closed between Elliot Road and Loop 202 (Santan Freeway) from 9 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday (June 1) for diamond grinding to smooth pavement. DETOUR: Traffic can detour along southbound Price frontage road. Alternate routes include southbound McClintock Drive or Dobson Road. Note: Loop 101 NB on-ramp at Warner Rd and off-ramp at Ray Rd closed from 4 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday (May 30) for widening project.
- Northbound Interstate 17 closed between I-10 “Split” interchange near Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport and Seventh Avenue and southbound I-17 closed at Seventh Avenue from 10 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday (June 1) for traffic switch as part of bridge reconstruction at Central Avenue. Both I-10 ramps to southbound I-17 at the “Stack” interchange closed. Southbound I-17 on-ramps at Grant Street, 19th Avenue and Seventh Avenue closed. DETOUR: Consider alternate routes including I-10 in the downtown Phoenix area. Note: When I-17 reopens, traffic will be switched to share northbound I-17 (two lanes in each direction) while reconstruction of the southbound I-17 bridge at Central Avenue takes place through early 2021. Consider alternate routes to avoid delays.
- Southbound Loop 202 (South Mountain Freeway) closed between Baseline Road and Estrella Drive from 10 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday (June 1) for rubberized asphalt paving. DETOUR: Traffic exiting at Baseline Road can detour to southbound 51st Avenue and use westbound Estrella Drive to reach southbound Loop 202.
- Westbound I-10 ramp to southbound Loop 202 (South Mountain Freeway) closed from 1 a.m. to 8 p.m. Saturday (May 30) for construction (the westbound I-10 HOV lane ramp to southbound Loop 202 will remain open). Westbound I-10 off-ramp at 67th Avenue also closed. DETOUR: Consider other nearby exit ramps.
- Northbound Loop 303 closed between Waddell and Greenway roads from 10 p.m. Friday to noon Saturday (May 30) for installation of electronic message sign and traffic flow sensors as part of freeway technology project. DETOUR: Traffic can exit to eastbound Waddell Road and use northbound Reems Road and westbound Greenway Road to reach northbound Loop 303.
- Southbound Loop 303 closed between Cactus Road and Peoria Avenue from 10 p.m. Saturday to noon Sunday (May 31) for installation of electronic message sign and traffic flow sensors. DETOUR: Traffic can exit to westbound Cactus Road and use southbound Cotton Lane and westbound Peoria Avenue to reach southbound Loop 303.
- Northbound I-17 off-ramp at Greenway Road closed from 9 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday (June 1) for regional drainage system project. Southbound I-17 off-ramp at Greenway Road limited to right turns only. Eastbound Greenway Road closed between 35th Avenue and I-17 (local access maintained). Westbound Greenway Road left turns not allowed to southbound I-17. DETOUR: Consider alternate routes, including using northbound I-17 off-ramps at Thunderbird or Bell roads.
- Northbound State Route 51 narrowed to three lanes between Camelback and Bethany Home roads from 9 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday (June 1) for utility work. Southbound SR 51 right lane closed in same area. Northbound SR 51 on-ramp at Colter Street closed. Southbound on-ramp at Bethany Home Road and southbound off-ramp at Colter Street closed. DETOUR: Plan on using other nearby ramps.
- Both Loop 101 (Agua Fria Freeway) off-ramps at 59th Avenue closed from 5 p.m. Saturday to 8 a.m. Sunday (May 31) for traffic signal work. 59th Avenue closed in both directions at Loop 101. Southbound 59th Avenue traffic will have access to westbound Loop 101 on-ramp. DETOUR: Northbound 59th Avenue traffic can detour at Utopia Road. Consider alternate routes.
- Interstate 17 narrowed to one or two lanes in either direction overnight near Pinnacle Peak and Happy Valley roads from 9 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Saturday (May 30) for interchange reconstruction. These restrictions also scheduled from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. Sunday through Thursday nights (May 31-June 4). DETOUR: Please allow extra travel time and consider alternate routes including 19th Avenue between Deer Valley and Jomax roads.
Have a safe and wonderful weekend!