Expect closures on Interstate 10, Loop 101, Loop 202 South Mountain, along with other lane or ramp restrictions on other Valley freeways this weekend (May 15-18), according to the Arizona Department of Transportation.
- Eastbound Interstate 10 closed between 67th and 51st avenues from 9 p.m. Friday to 10 p.m. Saturday (May 16) for installation of traffic flow sensors. Eastbound I-10 on-ramps at 83rd, 79th and 75th avenues also closed. Eastbound I-10 ramps to southbound Loop 202 (South Mountain Freeway) closed. DETOUR: Eastbound I-10 traffic can detour along frontage/access road. Drivers also can consider exiting eastbound I-10 ahead of the closure and using eastbound Van Buren Street or McDowell Road as alternate routes. Traffic can exit southbound Loop 202 via Van Buren Street. Note: Eastbound I-10 off- and on-ramps at 43rd Avenue closed from 2 a.m. to 10 p.m. Saturday (May 16).
- Southbound Loop 101 (Price Freeway) closed between US 60 (Superstition Freeway) and Warner Road from 8 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday (May 18) for pavement improvements (diamond grinding of concrete pavement). Both US 60 ramps to southbound Loop 101 closed. DETOUR: Southbound Loop 101 traffic can exit at Southern Avenue and use southbound Price frontage road. Alternate routes include southbound McClintock Drive or Dobson Road.
- Westbound Loop 202 (South Mountain Freeway) closed between I-10 and 24th Street in Ahwatukee area from 10 p.m. Saturday to 5 a.m. Monday (May 18) for rubberized asphalt paving. Both I-10 ramps to westbound Loop 202 closed (consider detouring on Chandler Boulevard to southbound 24th Street). DETOUR: Alternate routes include westbound I-10 in Phoenix while westbound South Mountain Freeway is closed/restricted. Drivers on westbound Loop 202 (Santan Freeway) in Chandler can detour by exiting to northbound Kyrene Road and using westbound Chandler to southbound 24th Street. Note: Westbound Loop 202 also narrowed to one lane between 17th Avenue and Estrella Drive. Please allow extra travel time.
- Eastbound Loop 202 (South Mountain Freeway) narrowed to two lanes overnight between 40th Street and I-10 from 10 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Saturday (May 16) for removal of temporary barrier wall. Eastbound Loop 202 ramps to I-10 closed overnight. DETOUR: Drivers can access I-10 by continuing east on Loop 202, exiting at Kyrene Road and turning to enter westbound Loop 202 to reach I-10.
- Loop 101 (Agua Fria Freeway) closed in both directions between I-10 and Thunderbird Road from 11 p.m. Saturday to 4 p.m. Sunday (May 17) for application of pavement sealant. DETOUR: Alternate freeway routes include I-17 and Loop 303. Local detour routes include 83rd, 91st or 99th avenues. Note: Crews will be prepared to reopen the freeway in segments as the fog sealing work progresses on Sunday.
- Westbound Loop 101 (Pima Freeway) off- and on-ramps at Tatum Boulevard closed from 9 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday (May 18) for widening project. DETOUR: Enter westbound Loop 101 by using westbound Deer Valley Road to southbound Cave Creek Road or consider using westbound Union Hills Drive to northbound SR 51. Traffic can exit westbound Loop 101 at 56th Street.
- Northbound I-17 off-ramp at Yorkshire Drive/Utopia Road closed from 9 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday (May 18) for pavement repair. Yorkshire Drive/Utopia Road also closed in both directions at I-17. Northbound I-17 on-ramp at Union Hills Drive closed. DETOUR: Consider alternate routes.
Have a safe and wonderful weekend!