Several Valley freeways will shut down this weekend for improvement projects, according to the Arizona Department of Transportation.
This is ADOT's Weekend Freeway Travel Advisory:
- Eastbound Interstate 10 closed between 67th and 51st avenues in west Phoenix from 9 p.m. Friday to 10 p.m. Sunday (July 14) for bridge work at the Loop 202 South Mountain Freeway interchange. Eastbound I-10 on-ramps at 91st, 83rd, 79th and 75th avenues also closed. DETOUR: Expect delays and allow extra travel time. Consider alternate routes including northbound and eastbound Loop 101 (Agua Fria Freeway) in the West Valley. Eastbound I-10 drivers also should consider exiting ahead of the closure and using local routes including McDowell Road or Van Buren Street. The southbound Loop 101 ramp to eastbound I-10 will remain open. Note: Eastbound I-10 drivers west of the Valley traveling beyond Phoenix area should consider detouring on southbound State Route 85 in Buckeye to eastbound I-8 to reach eastbound I-10 in Casa Grande area.
- Westbound Loop 101 (Pima Freeway) closed between Seventh Street and Seventh Avenue in northeast Phoenix from 10 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday (July 15) for bridge work as part of freeway widening project. DETOUR: Expect delays and consider alternate routes. Traffic exiting westbound Loop 101 at Seventh Street can detour along the westbound frontage road.
- Northbound Loop 101 (Price Freeway) closed between Loop 202 (Santan Freeway) and Warner Road from 10 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday (July 15) for freeway widening project. All Loop 202 ramps to northbound Loop 101 in Chandler also closed. DETOUR: Expect delays and consider alternate routes including northbound Loop 101 Price frontage road or northbound McClintock Drive and Dobson Road.
- Eastbound Loop 202 (Santan Freeway) closed at Power Road in Mesa from 9 p.m. Friday to 8 a.m. Saturday (July 13) and from 9 p.m. Saturday to 8 a.m. Sunday (July 14) for pavement maintenance. This closure also is scheduled from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m. Sunday through Thursday nights (July 14-18). DETOUR: Please allow extra travel time and consider alternate routes, including eastbound US 60 (Superstition Freeway).
- Desert Foothills Parkway closed between Glenhaven Drive and Pecos Road in the Ahwatukee area from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday (July 13) for Loop 202 South Mountain Freeway construction.DETOUR: Consider alternate routes including Chandler Boulevard.
Have a safe and wonderful weekend!