Prepare for closures on Interstate 10 and Loop 303, along with other freeway lane and ramp restrictions this weekend, February 14 - 17, according to the Arizona Department of Transportation.
- Both westbound Interstate 10 ramps to east- and westbound Loop 202 (Santan and South Mountain freeways) closed from 3 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday (Feb. 15) for pavement marking. Westbound I-10 also narrowed to two lanes between Wild Horse Pass Boulevard and the Loop 202 interchange (right lanes closed). Westbound I-10 on-ramp at Wild Horse Pass Boulevard closed. DETOUR: Alternate routes while westbound I-10 ramps to Loop 202 include Chandler Boulevard or Ray Road.
- Eastbound Interstate 10 ramp to southbound Loop 202 (South Mountain Freeway) in west Phoenix closed from 10 p.m. Friday to 8 p.m. Saturday (Feb. 15) for lane striping. Eastbound I-10 narrowed to two lanes (right lanes closed) between 75th and 63rd avenues. Eastbound I-10 on-ramps at 83rd and 75th avenues and eastbound off-ramp at 67th Avenue also closed. DETOUR: Drivers can connect to southbound South Mountain Freeway by exiting eastbound I-10 to southbound 75th Avenue and eastbound Van Buren Street. Please allow extra travel time and be prepared to slow down and merge safely when approaching and traveling through work zones.
- Northbound Loop 303 closed at Northern Parkway in West Valley from 10 p.m. Friday to noon Saturday (Feb. 15) for installation of traffic flow sensors as part of freeway technology project. DETOUR: Traffic can detour on eastbound Northern Parkway to northbound Reems Road and westbound Peoria Avenue to reach northbound Loop 303. Note: Southbound Loop 303 on-ramp at Peoria Avenue closed overnight from 9 p.m. Friday to 1 a.m. Saturday (Feb. 15). Consider other southbound Loop 303 on-ramps including Cactus Road or Northern Avenue.
- Northbound Loop 303 closed between Cactus and Waddell roads from 10 p.m. Saturday to noon Sunday (Feb.16) for installation of traffic flow sensors. DETOUR: Traffic can detour on westbound Cactus Road to northbound Cotton Lane and eastbound Waddell Road to reach northbound Loop 303.
- Interstate 17 narrowed to two lanes in both directions overnight between Pinnacle Peak and Happy Valley roads from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m. Sunday and Monday nights (Feb. 16-17) for interchange reconstruction project. DETOUR: Allow extra travel time. Please be prepared to slow down and merge safely when approaching and traveling through work zones.
- Eastbound Interstate 10 on-ramp and westbound off-ramp at Dysart Road closed from 10 p.m. Friday to 11 a.m. Saturday (Feb. 15) for ongoing construction of new interchange at Fairway Drive in Avondale. DETOUR: Consider using other nearby ramps including the eastbound I-10 on-ramp at Avondale Boulevard or westbound off-ramps at Avondale Boulevard or Litchfield Road. Note: Westbound I-10 narrowed to three lanes overnight between Avondale Boulevard and Dysart Road from 10 p.m. Friday to 7 a.m. Saturday (Feb. 15).
- Eastbound US 60 (Superstition Freeway) narrowed to two lanes (left lanes closed) overnight in areas between Power and Crismon roads from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m. Sunday and Monday nights (Feb. 16-17) for pavement improvement work (crack sealing). DETOUR: Please allow extra travel time and use caution in work zones.
- Eastbound Loop 202 (South Mountain Freeway) off-ramp at 24th Street closed from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday (Feb. 15) for landscaping. Westbound Loop 202 off-ramp at Desert Foothills Parkway closed from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday (Feb. 15). Eastbound Loop 202 off-ramp at Desert Foothills Parkway closed from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Sunday (Feb. 16). Schedules are subject to adjustment. DETOUR: Consider alternate routes while exit ramps are closed.
Have a safe and wonderful weekend!