Parts of three freeways will be shut down this weekend for improvement projects, according to the Arizona Department of Transportation.
Keep in mind there could be potential delays to events in town this weekend, including the Red and White practice for the Arizona Cardinals at State Farm Stadium. Use the alternate routes in the descriptions below.
Here's ADOT's Weekend Freeway Travel Advisory:
- Eastbound Interstate 10 closed between 67th and 43rd avenues in west Phoenix from 9 p.m. Friday to 4 a.m. Monday (Aug. 5) for bridge work as part of the construction of the Loop 202 South Mountain Freeway interchange. Eastbound I-10 on-ramps at 91st, 83rd, 79th and 75th avenues also closed. DETOUR: Consider alternate routes, including northbound and eastbound Loop 101 in the West Valley. Drivers on eastbound I-10 also can exit ahead of the closure and use detour routes, including eastbound McDowell Road or Van Buren Street. Note: Through travelers on eastbound I-10 west of State Route 85 with no need to stop in the Phoenix area can avoid the I-10 closure by detouring on southbound SR 85 in Buckeye to eastbound I-8 to reach I-10 in the Casa Grande area.
- Westbound Loop 101 (Pima Freeway) closed between 56th Street and State Route 51 in northeast Phoenix from 10 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday (Aug. 5) for freeway widening project. Westbound Loop 101 on-ramp at 64th Street closed. DETOUR: Consider exiting westbound Loop 101 ahead of the closure and using alternate routes, including westbound Frank Lloyd Wright Boulevard/Bell Road. Westbound Loop 101 traffic exiting at 56th Street can detour to westbound Deer Valley Road and southbound Cave Creek Road to reach westbound Loop 101. Note: Westbound Loop 101 also narrowed to two lanes between Seventh Avenue and I-17 from 10 p.m. Friday to 3 p.m. Saturday (Aug. 3) for construction. Please allow extra travel time and use caution in work zones.
- Southbound Interstate 17 closed overnight at Thomas Road from 11 p.m. Sunday to 3 a.m. Monday (Aug. 5) for freeway maintenance. Southbound I-17 on-ramp at Indian School Road closed. DETOUR: Alternate routes include southbound State Route 51. Southbound I-17 traffic will detour along the off- and on-ramps at Thomas Road.
- Northbound Interstate 17 narrowed to one lane overnight between Pinnacle Peak and Happy Valley roads from 10 p.m. Sunday to 5 a.m. Monday (Aug. 5) for bridge work. DETOUR: Alternate routes include exiting northbound I-17 at Rose Garden Lane/Deer Valley Road and using eastbound Deer Valley Road to northbound 19th Avenue and westbound Happy Valley Road. Please allow extra travel time.
- Eastbound Interstate 10 off- and on-ramps at Verrado Way in Buckeye area closed from 9 p.m. Friday to 6 p.m. Saturday (Aug. 3) for pavement repairs. DETOUR: Alternate routes include the eastbound I-10 ramps at Watson Road or Jackrabbit Trail. Consider using Yuma Road (south of I-10) or Indian School Road (north of I-10) as part of local detour routes while the eastbound I-10 ramps at Verrado Way are closed.
- Westbound US 60 (Superstition Freeway) narrowed to two lanes between McClintock Drive and Mill Avenue from 5 p.m. Saturday to 5 a.m. Sunday (Aug. 4) for city of Tempe pedestrian bridge maintenance. DETOUR: Please allow extra travel time and use caution in work zones. Note: This restriction also scheduled from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. Monday through Thursday nights (Aug. 5-8).
- 19th Avenue closed in both directions at Loop 101 (Pima Freeway) from 10 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday (Aug. 5) for bridge construction as part of freeway widening project. DETOUR: Loop 101 frontage roads will remain open. Alternate routes include Seventh or 27th avenues.
- Southbound Loop 101 (Price Freeway) on- and off-ramps at Ray and Elliot roads and northbound Loop 101 on-ramp at Warner Road and off-ramp at Elliot Road closed from 10 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday (Aug. 5) for freeway widening project. Loop 101 right lanes also closed in areas between the ramps. DETOUR: Plan ahead to use alternate routes, including adjacent ramps.
Have a safe and wonderful weekend!