Four freeways will have complete closures while others will be restricted for improvement projects this weekend, April 24 - 27, according to the Arizona Department of Transportation.
- Northbound Loop 101 (Price Freeway) closed between Loop 202 (Santan Freeway) and Elliot Road from 4 a.m. Saturday to 6 p.m. Sunday (April 26) for widening project. DETOUR: Traffic can use northbound Price frontage road. Alternate routes include northbound Dobson Road.
- Eastbound Loop 202 (Santan Freeway) closed between I-10 and Loop 101 (Price Freeway) in Chandler from 3 a.m. Saturday to 5 a.m. Monday (April 27) for lane striping. DETOUR: Alternate routes include eastbound Chandler Boulevard. Consider using eastbound US 60 (Superstition Freeway) to southbound Loop 101.
- Westbound Loop 101 (Pima Freeway) closed between State Route 51 interchange and Cave Creek Road from 9 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday (April 27) for widening project. Northbound SR 51 ramp to westbound Loop 101 closed. DETOUR: Westbound Loop 101 traffic can use southbound SR 51 to westbound Union Hills Drive and use northbound Seventh Street to Loop 101. Note: Cave Creek Road also closed in both directions at Loop 101. Westbound Loop 101 on-ramp from southbound Cave Creek Road open. Hayden Road closed in both directions at Loop 101. Updated: Eastbound Loop 101 on-ramp at Seventh Street to close until late June starting at 8 p.m. Sunday (April 26).
- Eastbound Interstate 10 closed between I-17 “Stack” interchange and State Route 51/Loop 202 interchange from 9 p.m. Friday to 9 a.m. Saturday (April 25) for tunnel maintenance. Both I-17 ramps to eastbound I-10 closed. Southbound SR 51 and westbound Loop 202 ramps to eastbound I-10 open. DETOUR: Eastbound I-10 traffic can detour to southbound I-17 at the Stack and connect with I-10 near Sky Harbor Airport. Note: I-17 narrowed to two lanes in both directions between Seventh Avenue and Seventh Street from 10 p.m. Friday to noon Saturday (April 25) and from 10 p.m. Saturday to noon Sunday (if necessary) for lighting installation.
- Westbound Interstate 10 closed between I-17 “Split” interchange (near Sky Harbor Airport) and Seventh Avenue from 9 p.m. Saturday to 9 a.m. Sunday (April 26) for tunnel maintenance. Southbound SR 51 ramp to westbound I-10 closed. Westbound Loop 202 ramp to westbound I-10 will remain open but traffic must exit I-10 at Seventh Street. DETOUR: Westbound I-10 traffic can detour to northbound I-17 and connect with I-10 at the Stack interchange (north of Van Buren Street).
- Westbound Interstate 10 narrowed to two lanes between Avondale Boulevard and Dysart Road from 8 p.m. Friday to 7 a.m. Sunday (April 26) and eastbound I-10 narrowed to two lanes in same area from 8 p.m. Saturday to 5 a.m. Monday (April 27) for paving. HOV lanes closed at times. DETOUR: Please use caution in work zones. Note: Times are approximate and subject to adjustment.
- Eastbound Loop 202 (South Mountain Freeway) narrowed to one lane between 17th Avenue and 40th Street (Ahwatukee) from 10 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday (April 27) for rubberized asphalt paving. Plan for on- and off-ramp closures in the area. DETOUR: Allow extra travel time and consider alternate routes including I-10. Please Note: Lane restrictions are currently in place along eastbound Loop 202 for weekday paving.
- Southbound Loop 303 closed between El Mirage Road and Grand Avenue (US 60) from 10 p.m. Friday to noon Saturday (April 25) for installation of electronic message sign and traffic flow sensors. DETOUR: Traffic can use southbound El Mirage Road to westbound Bell Road to reach Grand Avenue or Loop 303.
- Westbound Interstate 10 narrowed to two lanes between I-17 and 43rd Avenue from 6 a.m. to 10 p.m. Saturday (April 25) for lane striping. Westbound I-10 on-ramps at 27th and 35th avenues and off-ramp at 43rd Avenue closed. DETOUR: Plan on using other nearby ramps. Please use caution in work zones.
- Southbound Interstate 17 narrowed to one lane and northbound I-17 narrowed to two lanes overnight between Happy Valley and Pinnacle Peak roads from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. Sunday and Monday nights (April 26-27) for interchange reconstruction. Plan on ramp closures at Pinnacle Peak Road. DETOUR: Allow extra travel time and use caution in work zones.
Have a safe and wonderful weekend!