GOODYEAR — Goodyear police, along with several other local law enforcement agencies, have made an arrest in an armed robbery spree that spanned across the Valley for three months.
Goodyear police report they arrested 42-year-old Dorian Cabrera, who is reportedly responsible for eight armed robberies that occurred between April 14 - July 21, 2019.
According to Goodyear police, they were called to the O’Reilly’s Auto Parts located at 420 North Litchfield Road on April 14 for reports of an armed robbery in which the suspect "pointed a handgun at multiple employees, forced them to the back of the store and used zip ties to detain the employees while he stole property from the victims and money from the store."
Police say Cabrera previously worked at the O’Reilly’s Auto Parts located at 420 N. Litchfield Road in Goodyear. They believe his motive for the string of robberies was "financial hardship."
From April to July, Cabrera allegedly committed eight armed robberies in the following locations:
- 4/14 - OReilly Auto Parts: 420 N. Litchfield Road, Goodyear
- 5/13 - Auto Zone: 435 N. Litchfield Road, Goodyear
- 5/20 - OReilly Auto Parts: 514 E. Southern Avenue, Mesa
- 5/20 - OReilly’s Auto Parts: 1110 S. Gilbert Road, Mesa
- 6/2 - O’Reilly’s Auto Parts: 2609 S. 83rd Avenue, Phoenix
- 6/17 - Auto Zone: 13968 N. Reems Road, Surprise
- 7/14 - Justice Clothing: 9945 W. McDowell Road, Avondale
- 7/21 - Family Dollar: 725 N. Dysart Road, Avondale
During the robberies, police say Cabrera allegedly "took the victim's identifications and threatened them, saying that he knew who they were and where they lived."
Cabrera allegedly also told victims to lie to police about his identity, "and tell [the police] that he was African American."
Cabrera was arrested and booked on charges of armed robbery, kidnapping, aggravated assault and burglary in the first degree.
Police say there are currently no other outstanding suspects in the eight robberies allegedly committed by Cabrera.