The best time to visit SoCal depends on what you want to see and do. If you want to avoid summer crowds and peak rates at hotels and resorts, October is a great month to visit, especially for families with kids.
That’s because kids (generally 12 and under) stay, play and eat for free (with a paid adult) at more than 100 participating partners in San Diego for the entire month of October, including:
- San Diego Zoo
- San Diego Zoo Safari Park
- LEGOLAND® California and SEA LIFE® Aquarium
- Gondola Cruise through San Diego Bay
- 30-minute Helicopter Tour
- USS Midway Museum
- SEAL tour
- 1 or 2 hour Harbor Cruise
- San Diego Air & Space Museum
- Unlimited rides and laser tag at Belmont Park
- Old Town Trolley Tour or La Jolla - Mission Beach Tour
- San Diego Sailing Tour
- Whale Watching Cruise
Hotel rates at AAA Three Diamond properties start from $80 per night. AAA is a full-service travel agency. Ready to start planning your San Diego getaway? Visit AAA.com/travel.