The Phoenix Zoo needs your help naming its female Masai giraffe calf .
Zookeepers came up with six Swahili names. Swahili is the language of the Swahili people in East Africa.
The winning name will be announced on Monday, July 30, the zoo said.
The name options:
- Asili (Swahili for nature)
- Jasiri (Swahili for brave)
- Kivuli (Swahili for shadow)
- Mwishowe (Swahili for finally/eventually)
- Nyusi (Swahili for eyebrows)
- Subira (Swahili for patience)
Linda Hardwick, the spokeswoman for the zoo, said the baby giraffe remains in the giraffe barn with her mom, Imara. It will be a few weeks before she is out on the Savannah and visible to the public.
She was born on June 26, and is the second giraffe to be born at the zoo in less than 12 months.
Siku, a female giraffe, was born in September 2017 and is out on the Savannah.