Who doesn't love free barbecue?
Joe's Real BBQ, a restaurant staple in downtown Gilbert, celebrates 20 years in business this year.
As part of that celebration, and it's annual "Customer Appreciation Day," the barbecue joint is giving away free barbecue on Wednesday, May 2 from 11 a.m. - 8 p.m.
Owners Joe Johnston, Tim Peelen and Tad Peelen expect to give away 5,000 meals throughout the day, they said in a release.
Here's how it works:
- Barbecue will be served between 11 a.m. - 3 p.m. and again at 4 p.m. - 8 p.m. They are closed between 3 p.m. and 4 p.m. to reset.
- People will have a choice between pulled pork or a chicken breast sandwich.
- Sides include homemade coleslaw, BBQ pit beans, a chocolate chip cookie and a drink.
- Child-sized sandwiches will be available.
- While not required, they're asking people to bring canned fruit or a box of cereal to donate to Open Arms Care Center, a food pantry in Gilbert.
- A few extra rules: Promo is limited to one meal per person; no substitutions; you have to be at the restaurant, and take-out is not an option.
During lunch, FunkFit will be there with workout classes. Romen Buffalo, a local bluegrass band, will perform during dinner, along with a balloon artist, according to a release.
IF YOU GO:
Joe's Real BBQ (free BBQ Day)
301 N Gilbert Rd, Gilbert, AZ 85234
Hours: 11 a.m. - 3 p.m. and 4 p.m. - 8 p.m. (closed between 3 p.m. & 4 p.m.)