The newest music venue to downtown Phoenix has a name and its first set of shows.
"The Van Buren" is a 1,000-seat music hall and event space. It is located in the old Phoenix Motor Co. building near Fourth Avenue and Filmore.
Charlie Levy, the owner of Stateside Presents, Crescent Ballroom and Valley Bar, purchased the space last year and announced his plans to renovate it.
The Van Buren has 17 shows scheduled. The first is Cold War Kids on August 23. That event will be a fundraiser for Rosie's House, a local organization that provides free afterschool music education. Tickets are $10.
Tickets for some of the shows below go on sale May 18 at 10 a.m. You can visit www.thevanburenphx.com to view the upcoming schedule and to purchase tickets.
See the full schedule below:
- August 23 - Cold War Kids
- August 27 - Sylvan Esso
- August 31 - Thundercat
- September 1 - The Growlers
- September 3 - Fayuca/Black Bottom Lighters
- September 7 - Lifehouse and Switchfoot
- September 14 - Indigo Girls
- September 16 - Future islands
- September 17 - Against Me!
- September 19 - Jason Isbell & The 400 Unit with Frank Turner
- September 23 - Jared & The Mill
- September 29 - Misterwives
- October 3 - Bonobo (Live)
- October 12 - Portugal the Man
- October 17 - Dinosaur Jr
- November 7 - Lany
- November 9 - Chase Rice