TEMPE, AZ — One of Broadway's most revered shows -- Rent -- comes to ASU Gammage next week, May 28 - June 2.
Jonathon Larson's Tony Award-winning show has been re-imagined for its 20th Anniversary Tour, which was celebrated in 2016 (its opening performance was April 29, 1996). Sadly, Larson never saw his show on Broadway. He died of an aortic dissection the morning of the show's preview performance.
As other big-name shows have done, there will be a digital lottery for a chance at $25 tickets to see one of the show's eight performances at ASU Gammage.
Here is how to enter:
- Go to LuckySeat.com and create an account. It asks for name, email, zip code and phone number. You may have to verify your email address (they'll send you an email) before you can login to your account.
- One the email is verified, either search for "Rent" in the drop-down menu or click the LuckySeat URL above.
- Fill out the entry form and select which shows you would like to enter the lottery for.
- You get extra entries by checking the boxes saying you "intend" to tweet or post on Facebook about the lottery, or like "Lucky Seats" on Instagram. There is no requirement to do so.
- Submit the form and hopefully your entry is picked.
There are a few rules in the fine print to know: you have to be at least 18 to enter, you can only win the lottery one time; and if you do win, there is a chance the seats will be "partial view" or that you and whomever you take could be separated.
Each lottery closes at 11 a.m. Mountain time the day before the performance.
As of this writing (Friday evening), tickets were available to every one of Rent's performances both in the balcony (furthest from the stage) and orchestra (closest to the stage). Prices ranged between $20-$175 a ticket.
IF YOU GO:
1200 S Forest Ave., Tempe, AZ 85281