This weekend Arizonans will be able to cure those New Orleans-flavor cravings at the Great Southwest Cajun Festival in Chandler.
More than 10 vendors will fill Dr. A.J. Chandler Park on April 22 and serve up dozens of Arizona-inspired and Louisiana-inspired dishes including Cajun turkey legs, catfish and shrimp etouffee, hush puppies, crawfish, and jambalaya.
We've gathered everything you need to know about Saturday's event including ticket information, the food options, and entertainment.
When is it? April 22, 2017 from 12 p.m. - 9 p.m.
Where is it? Dr. A.J. Chandler Park in downtown Chandler, 178 E. Commonwealth Avenue, Chandler AZ 85225
How much is it? $8 - presale, $10 - day-of, $125 - VIP (available online only). Parking is free!
Any discounts? Yes. Receive $2 off general admission when you bring any non-perishable food item to donate to the United Food Bank.
WHAT TO EAT:
- Angry Crab Shack: shrimp and crawfish boil, Cajun turkey legs, gumbo, crawfish rolls, cornbread
- Creole Cajun Bistro: catfish and shrimp etouffee, catfish and shrimp baskets with fries, hush puppies and whiskey bread pudding
- Eddy Dee’s: Cajun boil, jambalaya bread bowl, creole shrimp skewers, sausage, mac & cheese, beans and rice, and cheese fries
- Grill King: curry chicken, jerk chicken, catfish, ribs, red beans & rice, coleslaw
- Honey Bear’s BBQ: red beans & rice, Jambalaya bowl, Shrimp etouffee, Catfish etouffee, fried chicken, fried catfish, spicy hot links, grilled hot dogs, cornbread, fries, coleslaw, mac & cheese, chips, soda, water, sweet tea, lemonade
- Hot Rod Hotdogs: fried gator, fried catfish, fresh cut curly fries, coconut shrimp, Po' Boys
- Jamburritos: fried catfish, BBQ shrimp, Jambalaya, red beans & rice, boudin, Andouille Sausage & peppers, hush puppies
- My Friend the Chef: crawfish, tacos & rice, bowl rice & veggies, salmon & chicken
- Pearson’s Catering: catfish, chicken, shrimp, gator, frog legs, Po' boys, Jambalaya, hush puppies
- Raging Cajun: crawfish etouffee, Jambalaya rice, red beans & rice, catfish Po' boys
- Tacos El Jefe: crawfish boil, Cajun tacos, shrimp tacos, corn
- Tee’s Concessions: lobster mac & cheese
- The Go Dogs: hot & spicy shrimp, crawfish Fettuccine, crawfish boil, bread, soda & water
Is there anything better than watching your neighbor stuff their face as fast as possible to win a contest?
- Watermelon - 3 p.m.
- Wings - 4 p.m.
- Crawfish - 5 p.m.
- Nina Curri - 12 p.m. - 2 p.m.
- The Hourglass Cats - 2 p.m. - 4 p.m.
- Funkhaus Brass band - 4 p.m. - 6 p.m.
- Zach Deputy - 6 p.m. - 7:45 p.m.
- Hoodoo Casters - 8 p.m. - 9 p.m.
There will be a procession and LSU parade at 2 p.m. and 5:45 p.m. The event will also have themed areas including Bourbon Street, French Quarter and Garden District. Event organizers say guests are encouraged to dress up.
OTHER TIDBITS TO KNOW:
- We know you know, but in order to purchase alcohol, you will have to have your ID proving you're at least 21 with you.
- Some vendors take card, while others will be cash-only. ATMs will be at the event. It might be easier to bring cash with you.
- Pets are allowed. They have to be on a leash and be sure to clean up after them.
- Weapons, coolers, outside food, bicycles, skateboards and skates are not allowed in.
Visit https://www.southwestcajunfest.com for ticket and event information.