Four Peaks Brewing Company has expanded its flagship location.
Located off Eighth Street, the Tempe-based brewery expanded its portion of the old creamery building into what was once occupied by Uranus Recordings, a recording studio owned by Robin Wilson of the Gin Blossoms.
With the additional 2,000 square feet, here is what has been added or changed:
- The entrance has moved. You now enter through the Four Peaks' gift shop
- A 20-tap bar was added for those waiting for a table or a tour of the brewery. (It is air-conditioned, too!)
- An automated growler-filling station
- An outdoor patio
- A bocce ball court.
- A gift shop. They've added new stuff, including bottle openers, flasks and t-shirts.
While it has been given a modern touch, the space pays tribute to its past roots.
The building itself dates back to 1892 where it began as a dairy creamery making condensed milk, butter and cheese. It was operated by F.A. Hough's ice plant, then became part of the Pacific Creamery Company and was eventually acquired by Bordon Milk Company.
Later on, Four Peaks moved in, as well as the recording studio. An old safe from the building's creamery days is still visible and memorabilia from the studio line the walls of the addition.