We made it through 2016! What a wild year.
During this time, we tend to look back and recap the year -- the top moments, worst moments, and most memorable. We were curious to see what the year's best eateries were in Phoenix.
We reached out to Yelp to see what its reviewers said. Yelp crunched the numbers and came up with their top 10 lists.
Yelp's top 10 restaurants of 2016:
- 10: Sunrise Donuts
- 09: Base Pizzeria
- 08: - Veggie Village
- 07: - City Square Deli & Grill
- 06 - Oliver's Sophisticated Bean
- 05 - Ten Handcrafted American Fare & Spirits
- 04 - Be Coffee + Food + Stuff
- 03 - Sammiches Bistro
- 02 - Maria's Frybread & Mexican Food
- 01- Little Miss BBQ
Surprisingly, none of the year's big-name restaurant newsmakers, such as Chicago-based Lou Malnati's opening at Uptown Plaza or Chris Bianco's Tratto opening in Phoenix, made the list.
Yelp said it created its list using reviews and star ratings. Only those businesses categorized as a "restaurant" and a non-chain were included.
MORE FOOD STORIES:
- Midnight snack? 30 Phoenix kitchens open past midnight
- Hungry? 12 food challenges to try at Phoenix restaurants
- 25 Arizona restaurants featured on 'Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives'
- 16 unique restaurants to try around the Valley
- June restaurant openings: 16 new eateries to try in the Valley
- August restaurant openings: 13 new places to eat and drink around Phoenix
- September restaurant openings: 14 new eateries to try in the Valley
- October restaurant openings: 14 new eateries to try in the Valley
- November restaurant openings: 16 new places to try around Phoenix