PHOENIX — Arizona Car Week starts this Saturday with the Barrett-Jackson auto auction .
Some 1,800 classic, luxury, custom and exotic cars will be shined and polished before crossing the auction block, Jan. 12-20, 2019, at WestWorld of Scottsdale, 16601 N. Pima Road, in Scottsdale.
Whether you're a car junkie or not, consider this your online guide to the auction, the top cars, and what to see and do.
Admission to the auction depends on the day you go. Prices increase as the auction progresses.
Child admission varies between $12-$35 and adult admission ranges between $20-$80. A festival pass is $80-$195 per person. You can purchase tickets, here . There is discounted admission for students, military and seniors, 55+. Valid ID is required. Children under five are free.
FAMILY VALUE DAY
Saturday, Jan. 12, is "QuikTrip Family Value Day." On that day, from 8 a.m. - 5 p.m., children 12 and younger will be allowed in for free. More information .
Jan. 12, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. (preview day, Family Value Day)
Jan. 13, 8 a.m. - 3 p.m. (preview day)
Jan. 14, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. (auction starts)
Jan. 15, 8 a.m. - auction close
Jan. 16, 8 a.m. - auction close
Jan. 17, 8 a.m. - auction close
Jan. 18, 8 a.m. - auction close
Jan. 19, 8 a.m. - auction close
Jan. 20, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Saturday and Sunday, Jan. 12 & 13, are the auction's "preview" days. Bidding or not, all 1,800 vehicles will be on display throughout WestWorld for people to get an up-close look at them. There will also be STEM activities, panels, and live demos; car rides on a closed track with a professional driver; BMX shows; and different vendors.
WHAT TO SEE AND DO
- Bumblebee from Transformers: Four Camaros from the Transformers movies will be on display at Barrett-Jackson. The vehicles will be sold as a group and the hammer price will benefit Operation Homefront. View listing .
- Larry Fitzgerald: The Arizona Cardinal has three cars up for auction, including a 1968 Chevrolet Chevelle Custom Coupe and a 1970 Plymouth 'Cuda Custom Coupe. View listing .
- 1981 custom Jeep CJ7: Actor Gary Sinise, known for playing Lieutenant Dan in Forest Gump, is selling a 1981 custom Jeep CJ7. Auction officials say he will be on site when the Jeep hits the auction block. The sale will benefit the Gary Senise Foundation. View listing .
- 2019 "Gulf" Heritage Edition Ford GT: The blue-and-orange colored car features the No. 9 graphics from the Ford GT-40. The VIN 001 will be sold to benefit United Way for Southeastern Michigan. View listing .
- 2020 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500: This car will be sold to benefit Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation. View listing .
New this year, Barrett-Jackson will have freestyle bullfighting. Bullfighters Only will have a show every evening between Jan. 17-19 in the Equidome. The show is included with general admission. Bullfighters have 60 seconds to earn points for "style, control, and difficulty while maneuvering around and jumping over the bull." The bull can also earn points for his "aggression, quickness, and willingness to remain engaged with the fighter," according to Bullfighters Only website .
At the STEM Center, kids will be able to participate in activities related to science, technology, engineering and math. Some of those activities include learning how to code; watching a demonstration from the Mesa Police Department Forensics team; skating on the Arizona Coyotes play rink and learning about the science behind hockey; and building a circuit to run a motor. The STEM Center is located in the Equidome.
Guests can watch vehicles being built, including a Factory Five Barrett-Jackson Edition '35 Hot Rod Truck, at Restoration Row. It is located outside north of the pre-staging lines.
The Monster Energy BMX team will have 15-minute shows on Jan. 12 and 13 along the Midway. View schedule . There will also be thrill-rides and test-drives from Dodge, Ford and Chevrolet.
IF YOU GO:
Barrett-Jackson Auto Auction (Jan. 12-20)
WestWorld of Scottsdale, 16601 N. Pima Rd, Scottsdale, AZ 85260