The unofficial poke (pronounced poke-ay) rush continues in the Valley.
Ahipoki, the California-based make-your-own poke concept, plans to open six more eateries around Phoenix by 2018.
Last week, Ahipoki opened at CityScape in downtown Phoenix marking its fifth restaurant in Arizona since its Scottsdale location opened in April 2016.
The upcoming stores are planned for Avondale, Chandler, Gilbert, Phoenix, Queen Creek and Scottsdale with openings slated for 2017 and 2018, according to a news release.
Ahipoki's expansion plans:
- 1919 E. Camelback Road, Phoenix AZ 85016 (September 2017)
- 3051 S. Market Street, Gilbert AZ 85295 (October 2017)
- 21201 S. Ellsworth Loop Road, Queen Creek AZ 85142 (fall 2017)
- 10321 W. McDowell Road, Avondale AZ 85392 (fall 2017)
- 9301 E. Shea Blvd., Scottsdale AZ 85260 (early 2018)
- 3111 W Chandler Blvd, Chandler, AZ 85226 (early 2018)
In May, the concept expanded to Seattle, Washington.
Since then, similar concepts have opened around the Valley. Others include Aloha Poki Company, Ocean Poke Co., Pokedon, and Pokitrition.
Poke is a Hawaiian dish that features slices of raw fish.
At Ahipoki, people create a bowl or salad by selecting a type of fish, a sauce and a variety of mix-ins and toppings such as seaweed salad, crab salad, edamame or avocado.