Can you smell the deep-fried goodness in the air yet?
The Arizona State Fairis in town from Oct. 7 through 30. This year there are new concerts, new food and new rides.
We've broken down everything you need to know from admission, discounts, where to park, and who's performing at the coliseum.
- $10 - adults
- $5 - children (5-13) and seniors (55+).
- Tickets for rides are $0.50 each. Rides are between 4 and 20 tickets.
- Address: 1826 W McDowell Rd, Phoenix, AZ 85007
Looking to save money? Here are 15 ways you can save money on fair admission and rides
- $10 - North Lot (on 19th Avenue at Monte Vista Road)
- $5 - 20th Avenue Lot (southwest corner of 19th Avenue and Encanto)
- Free parking & shuttle - Arizona State Capitol (17th Avenue and Washington) (available Friday-Sunday only)
Mondays and Tuesdays - CLOSED
Wednesdays and Thursdays - noon to 9 p.m.
Friday - noon to 10 p.m.
Saturday - 10 a.m. - 10 p.m.
Sunday - 10 a.m. - 9 p.m.
This section will not include kale, acai berries, or anything remotely healthy. This is the State Fair after all, which means deep-fried goodness.
There will be 38 new deep-fried items on the menu at this year's fair.
Below are some of the most interesting (view all the new menu items):
- Deep-Fried Reese-Oreo
- Deep-Fried Caramel Macchiato
- Sriracha Mayo Dog
- Mexican Carne Asada Fries.
- Bacon Nutella Pickle
- Deep-Fried Tamale-on-a-Stick
- Endeavor - fly 60 feet into the air at 25 miles per hour
- Twisted - spin around and around
- Puppy Roll - spin inside a giant puppy
There are six new attractions at the fair.
- Rick U: The Institute of Rock 'N' Roll ($5)
- The Edible Journey - learn how your food goes from the farm to your table
- Lights of the World - a preview of the November Lantern festival
- Jurassic Trail: A Dinosaur Adventure - five life-sized animatronic dinosaurs
- Live mural paintings
- Monster Truck & FMX
At every State Fair, artists perform at the Veteran's Memorial Coliseum. Below are a few of the top acts coming to the fair. Concerts are included with state fair admission. However, reserved seating is available to purchase.
Oct. 8 - Big & Rich
Oct. 13 - B.O.B.
Oct. 15 - Iggy Azalea
Oct. 21 - Charlie Puth
Oct. 16 - Slayer
Oct. 28 - Gavin DeGraw
IF YOU GO:
Arizona State Fair 2016 (Oct. 7-30)
Open Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Closed Monday and Tuesday.
Admission: $10 - adults, $5 - kids