The Maricopa County Fair is underway at the Arizona State Fairgrounds.
From carnival rides, deep-fried food, and the livestock competitions, there is a lot to do at the annual fair, which runs April 11-15, 2018. You still have a few days left!
Before you head down, here are a few of the highlights of this year's weekend activities:
THREE NEW TREATS TO EAT
You'll likely smell the fair before you arrive -- and we're not talking about the animals. The fair will debut a couple new food items, in addition to the turkey legs, deep-fried treats and chocolate-covered Twinkies.
- Nitro - Fruity rice puffs frozen in liquid nitrogen
- Dole Whip - Popular at Disney, the whipped pineapple dessert is here in Phoenix.
- Eegee's - While not new to Tucson, Eegee's will have a stand at the Phoenix fair this year. Who wants a slushie?
TWO NEW SHOWS
- Wild West Turkey Stampede: There's pig races, ostrich races, and dog races, but what about turkey races?
- Juggler Greg Frisbee: A comedy and juggling show.
THREE NEW RIDES
It's not a fair without a carnival. Fair-goers will be able to ride a new thrill ride and two kids rides.
- Turbo Force: Turbo is a swinging thrill ride that swings riders 140 feet into the air at 70 miles per hour, and then brings them back to the ground.
- Firehouse: a kid ride
- Puppy Love: a kid ride
COLTON DIXON CONCERT
The Christian singer competed on "American Idol's 11th season. Last year, he released his latest album, "Identity."
He will perform at the Maricopa County Fair on Saturday, April 14 at 7 p.m. The concert is included with fair admission.
MEET PAW PATROL
Chase and Marshall, characters on Nick. Jr's children's show, Paw Patrol, will be at the fair on Saturday and Sunday, April 14 & 15.
The fair will also have Monster truck and freestyle motocross show, a Superhero Stunt Bike Show, a magician, Freckle Farm Petting Zoo and animal exhibits and auctions.
Admission is $9 per person. Kids under 8 are free. Parking at the fairgrounds is $10 cash-only.
The address is 1826 West McDowell Road, Phoenix, AZ 85007.
- Friday, 10 a.m. - midnight
- Saturday, 11 a.m. - midnight
- Sunday, noon to 10 p.m.
IF YOU GO:
Maricopa County Fair , April 11-15, 2018
Arizona State Fairgrounds, 19th Avenue and McDowell Road
Time: 10 a.m. - midnight, Friday and Saturday; and noon to 10 p.m. on Sunday.
Unlimited ride pass: $30