This weekend, the Chandler Ostrich Festival takes flight at Tumbleweed Park! If you haven't been before, yes, there are ostriches and, yes, they will race!
Before you head on over for some weekend fun, here are five things to know about admission, parking and things to do:
WHEN IS IT?
- March 10 - 12, 2017
- Hours: Friday, 2 p.m. - midnight; Saturday, 10 a.m. - midnight; Sunday, 10 a.m. - 11 p.m.
WHERE IS THE OSTRICH FESTIVAL?
- Tumbleweed Park in Chandler, Arizona, 745 E. Germann Road, Chandler AZ 85286
HOW MUCH IS IT?
- $10 - Adult$
- $7 - Child (5-12) & Senior (55+)
- $50 - VIP
- Ride tickets are $1 per ticket.
- Unlimited ride wristband - $30 ($27 at Fry's Food Stores)
- Parking is $5 per car and $3 per motorcycle
Admission tickets can be purchased onlineor at the event.
Valid March 10 only: Color this sheet for a free child admission ticket.
WHAT IS THERE TO DO?
There is a lot to do at the Ostrich Festival. Of course there are Ostrich races in the Ostrich Arena. It's not just ostriches that will be racing though. The camels, zebras pigs and emus will, too!
Other attractions include a high dive aerial show, an exhibit where kids can fly drones, a petting zoo and the Mango and Dango circus. There are more than 40 rides and attractions from slides, swings and Ferris wheel.
You can't count out the music, too. Between the Family Stage, Community Stage and Main Stage, there are more than 30 acts scheduled to perform.
- Friday, March 10 - Spin Doctors (7 p.m.)
- Friday, March 10 - The Gin Blossoms (8:45 p.m.)
- Saturday, March 11 - Starship ft. Mickey Thomas (7 p.m.)
- Saturday, March 11 - Eddie Money (8:45 p.m.)
- Sunday, March 12 - Forever in Your Mind (4:15 p.m.)
- Sunday, March 12 - Los Lobos (8:45 p.m.)
On Sunday, Disney band "Forever In Your Mind," will hold a meet-and-greet with fans from 12:30 p.m. - 3:30 p.m.