Zoinks! If you ever wished you could get inside the iconic Mystery Machine van used by Scooby-Doo and his cartoon pals, you’re going to want to open Airbnb in mid-June!
Starting on June 16, wannabe mystery solvers can book a one-night stay in the Mystery Machine that was actually used in the live-action “Scooby-Doo” movies for just $20.
Matthew Lillard, who played Shaggy in those films, has created an Airbnb listing for the Mystery Machine, which currently resides in Malibu, California. Lillard is offering a total of three one-night stays in the legendary ride to mark the 20th anniversary of 2002’s “Scooby-Doo.”
“To celebrate the epic anniversary (and share the power of Shaggy with others), I’m inviting a few fans over for a stay in the groovy Mystery Machine,” Lillard wrote on his Airbnb profile. “Let’s throw it back to 2002 and Scooby Dooby Doooo!”
While it might sound like a contest or raffle, it’s actually not. It’s a normal stay you can book on Airbnb with the catch being that opportunities are extremely limited. The listing is set to open at 1 p.m. Eastern on June 16 and we’re sure the three one-night stays available for June 24, 25 and 26 will disappear quickly.
Guests are responsible to pay for their own travel to Malibu for the overnight stay. However, with a nightly rate of only $20, that’s a pretty amazing deal for a trip back in time in one of the coolest vans on the planet.
What does a traveler get with this groovy Mystery Machine vacation?
- A one-night stay inside the Mystery Machine, which sleeps up to two adults (no children or pets are allowed).
- A virtual greeting from Lillard, who said he “may even share some of his favorite memories with the meddling kids.”
- An outdoor setup with lounge seating and hammock space.
- All-you-can-eat snacks and a selection to choose from for dinner featuring favorites of Shaggy and Scooby (like hot dogs and eggplant burgers).
- Mystery-themed games to help you get into the whodunit mood.
- A late-night showing of “Scooby-Doo” including popcorn, candy and “all the Scooby Snacks your heart can desire.”
- A concierge to help arrange meals and other needs during your stay.
Inside the van, travelers will have everything needed to kick back and relax after a long day, In addition to the mountain and ocean views, the Mystery Machine has a bed, TV, lava lamp (of course!), Wi-Fi, towels, sheets and soap.
So, check your calendar and if you can take a last-minute trip to the West Coast for a night of fun and nostalgia that’s pretty much guaranteed to make every person you know jealous.