The Arizona Department of Transportation has multiple construction projects going on this weekend that may impact your travel plans.
On their website, ADOT reported the following closures and restrictions:
- Eastbound Loop 101 (Pima Freeway) closed between State Route 51 and 56th Street from 10 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday (July 19) for widening project. Northbound SR 51 ramps to eastbound Loop 101 closed. Eastbound Loop 101 on-ramps at Seventh Street and Cave Creek Road also closed. Allow extra travel time and expect heavy traffic.
- Detour: Alternate routes include eastbound Union Hills Drive to northbound Tatum Blvd, eastbound Mayo Boulevard and northbound 56th Street to access eastbound Loop 101.
- North- and southbound Loop 101 (Price Freeway) ramps to eastbound US 60 (Superstition Freeway) closed from 9 p.m. Friday to 9 p.m. Sunday (July 18) for pavement maintenance.
- Detour: Consider using Southern Avenue or Baseline Road to Dobson Road to enter eastbound US 60.
- State Route 347 narrowed to one lane in both directions in areas between Lakeview Drive and Edison Road in Maricopa from 9 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday (July 19) for resurfacing. Driveways and intersections will be closed intermittently as the work progresses.
- Detour: Please allow extra time and consider adjusting your travel schedule to avoid peak times and heavier traffic over the weekend.
- Westbound Interstate 10 narrowed to one lane overnight between Verrado Way and State Route 85 in Buckeye from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. Sunday through Thursday nights (July 18-22) for the start of widening project.
- Detour: Please allow extra travel time and be prepared to slow down and merge safely when approaching and traveling through work zones.
- State Route 587 narrowed to one lane between Goodyear Road and Indian Route 68 (south of Chandler area) from 9 p.m. Thursday (July 15) to 9 p.m. Sunday (July 18) for pavement maintenance.
- Detour: Flag crews will direct traffic through the work zones one direction at a time. Please allow extra travel time and consider alternate routes.
- Note: Work scheduled to begin Thursday night (July 15).
- Westbound Interstate 10 on-ramp from southbound SR 143 near Sky Harbor Airport closed overnight from 10 p.m. Sunday to 4 a.m. Monday (July 19) for utility work.
- Detour: Consider traveling south on SR 143 and using westbound Broadway Road to northbound 40th Street to access westbound I-10.
- Note: Southbound SR 143 on-ramp from eastbound University Drive and the westbound I-10 on-ramp at 40th Street closed from 3 a.m. to 5 p.m. Sunday (July 18). Plan on using alternate routes.
- Westbound Interstate 10 narrowed to one lane overnight between Goodyear and Riggs roads (south of the Chandler area) from 9 p.m. to 4 a.m. Sunday through Wednesday nights (July 18-21) for pavement repairs.
- Detour: Please allow extra time and consider adjusting your travel schedule. Be prepared to slow down and merge safely when approaching and traveling through work zones.
- Northern Arizona Travel Note: Interstate 40 lane restrictions should be expected this summer in the Flagstaff area for resurfacing and bridge work. I-40 narrowed to one lane in work zones. Drivers should allow extra time and consider traveling outside of peak traffic hours - including on weekends.