With temperatures rising across the Valley this week, a local business is rolling out a new way for dogs to exercise while staying indoors.
RunBuddy Mobile is a mobile dog gym inside a climate-controlled vehicle with state-of-the-art equipment. Any dog breed or size can benefit from these 20-30 sessions. The company also offers weekly plan specials.
"We're basically a mobile gym that comes to your door and we run your dogs in our gym in the air-conditioning," found David Lopez said.
The mobile fitness company is available to come to homes throughout the Valley, which is especially important now while temperatures a dangerously high.
Michael Morefield with the Animal Welfare League says the service has been a "godsend" for the dogs at the shelter.
"Even after 6 a.m. it's starting to get too hot and we didn't know what to do," Morefield explained.
Especially during the Arizona summers, dogs are happiest when they're staying active.
"An exercised dog, is a happy dog, and a happy dog gets adopted," Morefield said.
According to Lopez, there are several behavioral concerns if dogs do not get the exercise they need. These behaviors include:
- Destructive chewing, digging or scratching
- Excessive predatory and social play
- Play biting and rough play
- Hyperactivity, excitability and night-time activity
- Investigator behavior
- -Attention-getting behaviors
Keeping your dog happy and healthy. Not only will your dog be happier with enough exercise, there are several health benefits too.
- Reduced behavioral issues
- Dogs stay agile and limber
- Reduction of digestive problems
- Helps fearful dogs build confidence
- Dogs’ weight is kept under control.