If you've ever wished you could fly, now you can!
iFLY Indoor Skydiving in Scottsdale is teaming up with us for a Smart Shopper Deal of the Day!
When you first come in, you watch an instructional video, learn hand signals and the perfect body placement for flight. Once you're suited up, you head in with an instructor and get two minutes of flight time.
Our Deal of the Day is on Flight School, that is for kids ages 4-16. In Flight School, you get five minutes of flight time for the price of $69.95. However, they're offering a buy one, get one deal for Smart Shoppers! For $69.65, you can book a class and get 5 minutes of flight time and the second flyer can get 5 minutes of flight time for free!
You have to call Thursday, November 9, to book classes either on Mondays or Saturdays. You have until December 9 to use the deal.
Don't worry parents and other adults. You can fly too! Click here to see flight package options for you!
Plus, November is a great time to fly because a portion of the proceeds will go toward their All Abilities Night, where people with special needs will get their chance to take flight. You will have the option to donate by getting an additional flight for $19.95.
On December 3, iFLY will be celebrating International Day of Persons with Disabilities with their All Abilities Night, and on December 4, the funds raised in November will be given as a check to Ability 360.
They also have S.T.E.M. and S.T.E.A.M. programs where students can come learn, and they offer field trips too.
IF YOU GO:
9206 E. Talking Stick Way
Scottsdale, AZ 85250
Here's more information iFLY sent to us on Flight School:
- Flight School is the most rewarding way for kids ages 4-16 to experience the power of flight.
- Through one-on-one coaching, each Flight School student learns a progression of flying skills in a fun group setting.
- Every session is taught by an experienced flight instructor who is highly trained in safety standards and certified by the International Bodyflight Association (IBA).
- Flight School students learn: safety procedures, proper use of flight gear and mastery of a progressive series of flying skills
- Flyers also learn and practice key personal skills: how to set and achieve goals, teamwork and sportsmanship, athleticism, discipline and leadership
- Each weekly session is a two-hour experience that includes: roll call and team briefing, warm-up with stretching, one-on-one coaching, 5 minutes of flight time, with additional shared time, 2 video clips of flight for students to keep, debrief with flight video review, logging of flight time & skill progression in a personal book, a healthy snack during each session, exclusive Flight School member discounts on personal flight gear
- Each weekly session is limited to 10 flyers total to ensure that each flyer receives optimal personal attention.
- Flight School at iFLY Phoenix is on Mondays (5:30-7:30 p.m.) and Saturdays (8-11 a.m.)
Here's more information that iFLY sent to us on their STEM programs:
iFLY's STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) program uses their state-of-the-art vertical wind tunnel to inspire and educate students.
- Trained and reviewed STEM educators will guide students through an interactive presentation, demos in the wind tunnel and grade-appropriate lab activities.
- Each field trip is comprised of four components: Interactive ‘physics of flight’ presentation on real-world application of STEM with wind tunnels. We do vertical wind tunnel ball flight testing, hands-on and creative student experiments, and in-depth flight training and flight experience.
- Quick stats: iFLY's field trips align with Next Generation Science Standards, Common Core K-12, and TEKS, it is a full curriculum molded by teacher focused groups, more than 60,000 students and 3,000 schools have participated, over 30 state-of-the-art vertical wind tunnels providing STEM field trips.
- November 8 is National S.T.E.M./S.T.E.A.M. Day
- iFLY is donating a STEM field tip to top 15 performers in education from the Sunshine Acres Children's Home on Nov. 8