PHOENIX — A Phoenix woman wants people to think twice before lighting off potentially dangerous fireworks after her home was damaged Christmas Eve night.
"I was completely freaked out," said Kelly Villani, "I've never experienced anything like this in my life."
Around 10:30 p.m. Monday, Villani said she started seeing bright flashes and hearing loud booms outside her home near 27th and Glendale avenues. Her home surveillance system captured a group of neighbors lighting off what appeared to be rocket-like fireworks.
"They were just shooting under cars, people were running from them, they were launching into my backyard," Villani said. Part of her living room window was blown out and sparks left burn marks on her couch and chairs.
Villani said she tried confronting the neighbors and called Phoenix police twice, who apparently issued warnings to the group.
She said she's glad the damage wasn't worse as it could've ignited her Christmas tree or other items near the window.
ABC15 tried talking with the neighbors seen in the video. A little girl was sent to front door by adults inside and told our reporter, "We don't know anything."
Certain fireworks are permitted in Phoenix through January 3. For more information, head here.