There is $1.6 billion in unclaimed property waiting to be claimed by Arizona owners.
The Arizona Department of Revenue says it's money that comes from abandoned safe deposit boxes, uncashed payroll checks, old stocks and more.
It can happen when someone leaves a job and moves without leaving an address, or when a person dies and relatives can't be reached.
Ed Greenberg with the state's Department of Revenue says they spend years trying to find the owners.
Last year, someone claimed $2 million.
But that is the exception.
The department gave us the names of 10 Arizonans who are owed money right now and their last known city of residence.
- EDWARD M RIBAR, Phoenix, AZ 85016
- GEOFFREY E UNDERWOOD, Phoenix, AZ 85717
- JAMES MOONEY, Casa Grande, AZ
- NANCY OR JO ANN NILES, Tucson, 85705
- DOROTHY M SPAULDING, Tucson, 85716
- LAURENTIAN DOERR, Tucson, 85710
- ELIZABETH A NELSON, Tucson, 85726
- ALBERTO J MOSQUERA, Phoenix, 85014
- BESS G ADAMS, Phoenix, 85021
- MARY JANE STUNGEVICIUS, Scottsdale, 85253
If the person has passed, relatives can file a claim and go through the verification process.
Click hereto find out if you have unclaimed property waiting to be claimed.