GOODYEAR, AZ — Additional information has been released regarding a man police believe is responsible for eight Valley-wide armed robberies between April and July 2019.
On August 9, Goodyear police arrested 42-year-old Dorian Cabrera near Litchfield and McDowell roads.
Cabrera's crime spree reportedly began on April 14 when he robbed the O'Reilly's Auto Parts located at 420 North Litchfield Road.
Police say he "pointed a handgun at multiple employees, forced them to the back of the store and used zip ties to detain the employees while he stole property from the victims and money from the store."
Police say Cabrera previously worked at that store.
Cabrera allegedly used similar tactics in the other robberies including the Justice Just for Girls store near 99th Avenue and McDowell Road.
There he reportedly pointed a gun at the manager and forced the other employees into the restroom where he had the manager zip-tie their hands. After using the manager to rob the store, he restrained her hands as well.
Upon his arrest, police say they found gloves and zip ties in the trunk of his car.
He is being held on $100,000 bond on five counts of armed robbery.
From April to July, Cabrera allegedly committed eight armed robberies at the following locations:
- 4/14 - OReilly's Auto Parts: 420 N. Litchfield Road, Goodyear
- 5/13 - Auto Zone: 435 N. Litchfield Road, Goodyear
- 5/20 - OReilly's Auto Parts: 514 E. Southern Avenue, Mesa
- 5/20 - OReilly's Auto Parts: 1110 S. Gilbert Road, Mesa
- 6/2 - O'Reilly's Auto Parts: 2609 S. 83rd Avenue, Phoenix
- 6/17 - Auto Zone: 13968 N. Reems Road, Surprise
- 7/14 - Justice Clothing: 9945 W. McDowell Road, Avondale
- 7/21 - Family Dollar: 725 N. Dysart Road, Avondale