In April, Josh Denny, host of Food Network's "Ginormous Food," spent just over a week in Arizona searching for ginormous food to feature on his show.
He selected six Arizona eateries in the Phoenix-metro and Tucson. Now we know when those episodes will air and bring some more national recognition to Arizona's food scenes.
Phoenix's Finest Imports which features Chompie's, El Palacio and Porkopolis will air on Friday, June 2.
Tucson: Biggest Orders on the Border will air a week later on Friday, June 9. That episode features Boca Tacos y Tequila, Lindy's on 4th and Stray Dogs.
Both episodes will air at 8 p.m. on Food Network. Don't be afraid to check your local listings to set that DVR.
Here are the monstrous dishes each restaurant put in front of Mr. Denny, according to a news release:
- Chompie's - a ten-pound version of its Jewish slider called the "Bubbie's Belly Buster." It features a 36-ounce Challah roll, four pounds of sliced brisket, 12 ounces of gravy, twelve slices of cheese and a 24-ounce potato pancake. It took 48 hours to make.
- El Palacio - a 28-inch burrito
- Porkopolis - the famous Triple Brady Bacon Burger which includes three half-pound patties interlaced with pulled pork, jack cheese, jalapeno Cole slaw and BBQ aioli.
- Boca Tacos y Tequila - Titanic Taco Dog, a five-pound taco with pinto beans, cactus salsa and bacon-wrapped hot dogs.
- Lindy's on 4th - The Burn Out, a six-pound burger with jalapenos, pepper jack cheese, and hot sauce.
- Stray Dogs - The B.F.D., a sixteen-inch glazed doughnut filled with chocolate. See it here.