The National Hispanic Women's Corporation is preparing to host its 30th Professional Development and Leadership Institute.
The HWC is celebrating "30 Years of Excellence" by offering 2,000 attendees the opportunity to attend a conference in the Phoenix Convention Center, Sept. 24 and 25.
The event aims to provide businesses, community leaders and public officials with workshops in financial literacy and empowerment, retirement planning, career enhancements, health, beauty and family dynamics.
On Friday, the luncheon will be themed a "red out," where ladies are encouraged to wear red dresses or pantsuits and men should wear red ties or bowties.
The HWC will honor many exemplary Latinas who are influential in their industry.
- Vanessa Slim of the Calos Slim Foundation will be an honoree
- Renata Soto of the National Council of La Raza will receive the Grassroots Leadership Award
- Raquel "Rocky" Egusquiza of the Hispanic Enterprises and NBC Universal will receive the Latina Leadership Award
- Angelica Atondo is a three-time Emmy award-winning journalist who will receive the International Leadership Award
- Candace Ramirez of Candy's Cakes and More will receive the HWC 2015 of the Year Award
The HWC also offers 50 scholarships to students ranging from $1,000 to $10,000. The HWC will also host 700 junior high and high school students for the Youth Leadership Institute on Sept. 25 to help students reach their academic and career goals.
For more information, visit the HWC website or call 602.954-7995.