PHOENIX - Police have identified new victims in a deadly series of Phoenix street shootings that resulted in the arrest of a 23-year-old suspect.
Officials announced Monday that Aaron Saucedo is facing 26 charges in connection with 12 shootings that happened between August 2015 and July 2016.
Police initially linked seven deaths and nine shooting incidents over a four-month period to the Phoenix Serial Street Shooter.
Chief Jeri Williams said police have linked Saucedo to two additional killings -- the August 2015 homicide of 61-year-old Raul Romero, and the January 2016 death of Jessie Olivas -- in the course of their investigation.
Saucedo knew Romero through his mother, but did not know the other victims, police say.
ABC15 first confirmed on April 24 that Saucedo had been identified as a person of interest in the high profile case, after he had already been taken into custody in connection with Romero's death.
Phoenix Police Chief Jeri Williams says tips from the public led to Saucedo being linked to last year's killings.
Saucedo was being held on first-degree murder charges in Romero's death when police announced new charges in the serial street shootings case.