Parts of Loop 101 and I-17 will have construction closures this weekend (July 31- August 3) for improvement projects, according to the Arizona Department of Transportation.
The following information is exactly as it reads on ADOT's website for the Weekend Freeway Travel Advisory:
- Southbound Interstate 17 closed between Thunderbird Road and Dunlap Avenue from 2 a.m. Saturday to 5 a.m. Monday (Aug. 3) for pavement work. Southbound I-17 on-ramp at Greenway Road also closed.
- Detour: Allow extra travel time and expect delays. Southbound I-17 drivers should consider exiting ahead of the closure and using southbound 19th or 35th avenues.
- Eastbound Loop 101 (Pima Freeway) closed between Cave Creek Road and Tatum Boulevard from 10 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday (Aug. 3) for pavement improvements including diamond grinding of concrete pavement. Northbound SR 51 ramp to eastbound Loop 101 closed. Cave Creek Road closed in both directions at Loop 101. Eastbound Loop 101 on-ramp at Seventh Street closed.
- Detour: Consider exiting ahead of the closure and using alternate routes including eastbound Union Hills Drive to northbound Tatum Boulevard.
- Southbound Loop 101 (Price Freeway) closed between Loop 202 (Red Mountain Freeway) and Loop 202 (Santan Freeway) from 9 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday (Aug. 3) for pavement improvements and lane striping. Loop 202 (Red Mountain Freeway) ramps to southbound Loop 101 closed. US 60 (Superstition Freeway) ramps to southbound Loop 101 closed.
- Detour: Drivers can detour via Loop 202 (Red Mountain Freeway) to southbound Dobson Road, McClintock Drive or Rural Road. Local traffic also can use southbound Price frontage road.
- Northbound Loop 101 (Price Freeway) narrowed to three lanes between Baseline Road and Loop 202 (Red Mountain Freeway) from 9 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday (Aug. 3) for improvements including diamond grinding of concrete pavement. US 60 ramps to northbound Loop 101 closed. Northbound Loop 101 on- and off-ramps between Guadalupe Road and University Drive closed. Westbound US 60 on-ramp at Dobson Road closed.
- Detour: Alternate routes include northbound Dobson Road or McClintock Drive.
- Northbound Interstate 17 narrowed to one lane near Carefree Highway in north Phoenix from 5 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday (Aug. 3) for pavement maintenance.
- Detour: Please allow extra travel time and use caution when approaching and traveling through work zone.
Have a safe and wonderful weekend!