Parts of Loop 202 Red Mountain and Loop 101 will close this weekend (October 16-19) for scheduled projects, according to the Arizona Department of Transportation.
Here is ADOT's Weekend Freeway Travel Advisory, as it appears on the official website, explaining all of the restrictions:
- Eastbound Loop 202 (Red Mountain Freeway) closed between the Interstate 10/SR 51 “Mini-Stack” interchange and Loop 101 (Pima/Price freeways) from 11 p.m. Friday to 7 p.m. Saturday (Oct. 17) for pavement sealant application. All ramps to eastbound Loop 202 between SR 51 and Loop 101 closed.
- Detour: Consider alternate routes including eastbound I-10 near Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport to eastbound US 60 and northbound Loop 101.
- Note: Crews will be prepared to reopen eastbound Loop 202 in sections as their work progresses on Saturday.
- Westbound Loop 202 (Red Mountain Freeway) closed between Loop 101 (Pima/Price freeways) and the I-10/SR 51 “Mini-Stack” interchange from 11 p.m. Saturday to 7 p.m. Sunday (Oct. 18) for pavement sealant application. All ramps to westbound Loop 202 between Loop 101 and SR 51 closed.
- Detour: Consider alternate routes including southbound Loop 101 to westbound US 60 and westbound I-10 near Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport.
- Note: Crews will be prepared to reopen westbound Loop 202 in sections as their work progresses on Sunday.
- Westbound Loop 101 (Pima Freeway) closed between Pima Road/Princess Drive and Scottsdale Road from 10 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday (Oct. 19) for widening project.
- Detour: Consider alternate routes. Westbound Loop 101 traffic can exit and use northbound Pima Road, westbound Thompson Peak Parkway and southbound Scottsdale Road to return to westbound Loop 101. Expect heavy traffic and delays.
- Westbound Loop 202 (Santan Freeway) narrowed to one lane (HOV lane open) between Price and Kyrene roads in the Chandler area from 8 p.m. Friday to 8 a.m. Sunday (Oct. 18) for pavement improvements. Southbound Loop 101 (Price Freeway) ramp to westbound Loop 202 closed. Primary westbound Loop 202 ramp to northbound Loop 101 closed (westbound HOV lane ramp to northbound Loop 101 will remain open). Westbound Loop 202 on- and off-ramps between Alma School and Kyrene roads closed.
- Detour: Consider westbound alternate routes including Chandler Boulevard.
- Note: East- and westbound Loop 202 (Santan Freeway) ramps to northbound Loop 101 closed from 8 a.m. Sunday to 5 a.m. Monday (Oct. 19) for pavement improvements. Alternate routes include northbound Price Road.
- Northbound State Route 51 ramp to westbound Loop 101 (Pima Freeway) closed from 3 p.m. Sunday to 5 a.m. Monday (Oct. 19) for widening project. Northbound SR 51 exit to Black Mountain Boulevard will remain open.
- Detour: Northbound SR 51 traffic can exit to westbound Union Hills Drive and use northbound Cave Creek Road or Seventh Street to access westbound Loop 101.
Have a safe and wonderful weekend!