At least one professional athlete has yet to learn from the cautionary tale of Jason Pierre-Paul.
Last year, the New York Giants defensive end cost himself millions of dollars, not to mention several of his fingers, after a firework went off in his hand on Independence Day.
Fast-forward to Monday, when Los Angeles Lakers guard Nick Young decided he was impervious to such mishaps and picked up a firework that was about to go off, TMZ Sports reported.
While Young was proudly waving the firework in the air -- sure enough, it exploded, right in his hand.
It looks like Young was very fortunate, as he was reportedly unhurt. Regardless, it wasn't the 31-year-old's brightest moment -- especially after the danger of doing such a thing was so graphically illustrated just one year earlier.