Are you among the 40 million people who go camping in the United States each year?
If you'll be heading to one of the scenic Arizona campgrounds this summer, the Phoenix personal injury attorneys at Lerner and Rowe offer the following tips to help keep a burn injury or other mishap from spoiling your fun.
Keep your Arizona campsite safe and accident-free
- Follow campground rules. Stay out of forbidden areas, observe pet policies and properly dispose of all trash and waste.
- Use the buddy system. Whenever anyone goes hiking or swimming, make sure they have at least one companion.
- Watch out for bugs and wildlife. Don't forget to pack a good insect repellent.
- Use sunscreen and sunglasses. Trees are no protection against UV rays. Reapply sunscreen frequently if you're in or around water.
- Never leave campfires untended. Use a pit with a metal fire ring or place rocks around it. Have a bucket of water and a shovel handy. Don't use the fire for trash or litter disposal.
- Be prepared for weather. Even though the calendar says summer, pack some long-sleeved shirts, pants and jackets along with rain gear.
- Pack plenty of food and water. Better to have too much than risk running out. Include lots of portable snacking options like granola or protein bars, beef jerky, and nuts or trail mix.
- Have a well-stocked first aid kit on hand. Supplies should include bandages, antibiotic cream, antiseptic wipes, tweezers, gauze, adhesive tape, oral antihistamines like Benadryl and aspirin or other pain medication.
Need advice for a burn Injury or other vacation mishap?
With so many people enjoying the outdoors during the summer, accidents are bound to happen. If you or a family member suffered a burn injury or other mishap, call (602) 977-1900 around the clock to schedule a free consultation with the best Phoenix personal injury attorneys* at Lerner & Rowe.
* Voted Best Personal Injury Law Firm in the Valley in AZ Foothill Magazine independent reader poll.