Check out Susan and Terri's halloween and fall hacks!
Susan's Spooky Rice Krispie Treats are simple to make and the kids will love to help. Just dip ...
· 6 Rice Krispies Treats
· Candy eyes
· Wood Craft Dowels and lollipop sticks
· Parchment paper
· 1/2 tbsp Melted butter
· 1/4 cup Powdered Sugar
· 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
· 2 tbsp Milk
· Orange & green food coloring
Terri O's Pumpkin Topiary
I love this project since it will last thru Thanksgiving. Here are the supplies you will need:
Urn or pot to put your pumpkins in/on
3 pumpkins for each urn, large, medium and small
Faux moss or grass or filler of your choice
Large stick or dowel
Something heavy to place in the bottom of your container ie; rocks, sand
Heavy duty craft knife
Grape vine wreath large & small
1. Cut holes in the bottom and top of the large and medium pumpkin.
2. Cut a hole in the bottom of the small pumpkin.
3. Anchor foam at the bottom of pot.
4. Anchor foam at the top of the pot.
5. Cut a piece of foam core to fit over top of urn. Cut a hole in the center.
5. Insert dowel and place in the foam at bottom of urn, place another piece of foam at the top of the urn but inside.
6. Glue a ring of moss to the outside of the foam core.
7. Place the foam core on top of urn with dowel sticking out.
8. Glue large pumpkin to foam core.
9. Adorn large and small wreath with foliage. Glue if you need to.
10. Place large wreath on top of large pumpkin. I put mine at a slight angle.
11. Glue medium pumpkin to large pumpkin. Place small wreath on top. Again I put mine at a slight angle.
12. Glue small pumpkin to medium pumpkin.
Terri O Tips:
Buy a pretty urn or pot
Don't skimp on foliage
Buy good "faux" pumpkins, they will last forever!
Be sure to get the matted moss and not cut moss
If you want it to last forever use e-6000 glue, if not a glue gun will work but it won't last
Get creative add ribbon or embellish with Halloween or fall bling