Beer Braised Bison
· 3 lbs Bison Sirloin ("lesser" cut will work great)
· 1 Medium White Onion, diced
· 4 Garlic Cloves, minced
· 1 Bottle Beer (whatever is in the fridge, I'd stay away from the Natty Ice)
· 1 Tablespoon Chile De Arbol
· 1 Tablespoon Chile Powder
· 1 Tablespoon Cumin
· 2 Cups Low Sodium Beef Stock
· 1 Bay Leaf
· Kosher Salt
· Cracked Black Pepper
· Olive Oil
· Preheat oven to 350
· Place bison on cutting board and season with salt and pepper.
· Heat Dutch Oven on Medium High heat with 2 count of olive oil.
· Sear Bison on both sides for 2 minutes or until golden in color.
· Remove Bison and place on cutting board. Add onion and sauté for 3-4 minutes, stirring with wooden spoon.
· Turn heat to medium and add garlic, sauté for 2-3 minutes, continuing to stir so garlic will not burn.
· Add cumin, and chile powders to mixture and cook additional 2 minutes.
· Add beer and stock to deglaze pan. Stir. Season with salt and pepper.
· Place bison in Dutch Oven and place lid on top. Put in preheated oven and cook for 4 hours.
Gadzooks service create your own enchiladas, tacos, salads, soups and more.
Gadzooks has two Valley locations: Phoenix (7th Street & Osborn), Arcadia (40th Street & Camelback), and opening a third location this spring in Tempe (University and Wilson)
Gadzooks opens at 8am daily serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
Gadzooks Enchiladas & Soup
Two Valley locations: 3313 N. 7th Street, Phoenix & 4031 E. Camelback Rd., Phoenix