Right now families across Arizona are choosing where to send their kids to school in the fall.
It is a big decision, especially in our current state of education, so ABC15 has compiled a few resources to help parents and caregivers navigate the process.
The Maricopa County Superintendent's Office has the following tips for families as they research schools:
- Consider location and transportation, for example some charters may not offer that service for free.
- Is it a traditional or more STEM-focused school?
- Are they currently learning in person or remotely, and what options will they have even after the pandemic?
- Be mindful of open enrollment possibilities
- Make sure it is a good fit for parents and kids in both academics and sports or extracurriculars
These are just a few suggestions to keep in mind. You can find a more comprehensive workbook from the US Department of Education here.
You can also dive deeper into information about a particular district or school through the AZ Department of Education's 'AZ School Report Cards.'