Let's talk about what's best to buy in August and what to avoid. Since we've already covered back-to-school deals and discounts on school supplies, we will focus on some other stuff!
DealNews has a roundup, sharing that this is a great time to buy the following:
- Summer clothing: Though you may want to wait a little longer for swimsuits.
- Patio furniture, fire pits, tables, etc. Check out places like Walmart, Target, Home Depot and many more!
- Outdoor toys like trampolines, playhouses and more.
- Labor Day sales could start as early as August 19.
- Laptops: Black Friday is still the best time to buy, but if students need one, take advantage of the back-to-school sales.
DealNews also has tips on how to save on laptops with student discounts, refurbished models, financial aid or using a tablet instead. Click here for those helpful details.
What to avoid:
- The latest iPhone. Keep in mind that the new models are normally introduced in September. So, that's when last year's models will drop in price. Black Friday is another great time to buy.
- Fall clothing
- Major appliances
- Though there are TV deals right now, November will be best!
Click here to see the full explanations for each category, along with insider tips!