Happy November! Now, with our Halloween shopping out of the way, Thanksgiving and Christmas will be on our minds. So, what's best to buy this month?
Black Friday and Cyber Monday are going to bring many deals, but we are going to cover some other items you'll save money on throughout the month.
Dealnews compiled a list and we have some tips from research we analyzed over the years:
- HALLOWEEN DECOR AND COSTUMES: Most start at 50 percent off, and there will be closeout sales for temporary shops. This will help you gear up for Halloween 2020 at a fraction of the price!
- BAGS OF CANDY: You can get these for half off, and these discounts could go up over time, but the variety to select from could decrease.
- NEW YEAR'S EVE FLIGHTS: You can get cheap flights by booking them within the next two weeks. Dealnews recommends buying your tickets by November 5.
- BACK-TO-SCHOOL: The hot items your kids may have wanted before school even started might be at a reduced price now! You can get things like lunchboxes and backpacks for less and show them off in January.
- VETERANS DAY SALE: Last year, JCPenney, Kohl's and Macy's had great sales at their stores. Also, make sure to check around for military discounts when the sale rolls around.
- BAKING SUPPLIES: It's almost time to adorn those aprons and start baking for the holidays. You can find deals on bakeware and ingredients too.
- SUMMER CAMPS: We haven't even made it to winter break yet, but now's the time to plan for summer, if you want to enroll your kids into camps. Booking now could score you a lower rate.
But, there are a couple things that you shouldn't buy in November, and Dealnews shared those with us, too:
- WINTER CLOTHING: Wait until the New Year, because you can get better deals in January or later.
- GIFT CARDS: Early December is the best time for these because many stores and restaurants will offer deals for you to buy a gift card for someone else and get one for you to keep as a gift. There will also be more discount options closer to Christmas.
- EXERCISE EQUIPMENT: Early January is the best time, thanks to New Year's Resolutions.
- JEWELRY: Proposal season is upon us! But, it's best to wait to pick up pretty pieces until December, right before gift-giving holidays wrap up!
Click here for the full article from Dealnews.
Happy Shopping and gifting!