Don't you love when you find a dollar in the back pocket of your old jeans or wedged between pillows in the couch? Well, you can have that same feeling when you look at the balance of your savings account. How? Check this out!
We all have different specific goals when it comes to our cash, but the common denominator is that we want to save money. Sometimes, it's just hard to do that, so here are some ways to trick yourself into saving!
HuffPost has 27 ways to do so. Here are some of them picked out, just for you!
- Most receipts tell you how much you saved. So, transfer that amount into your savings.
- If you want a weekly challenge, save $1 the first week of the month, $2 the second week and so on. That gets you $10 to $15 per month.
- If you want to go bigger, save $52 the first week, $51 the next, and keep going. At the end of the year, you'll save $1,378.
- You could automate your savings or create a fund name to transfer your money. It's easier to save when you're putting your cash into a trip to Hawaii.
- Sites such as GiftCardGranny have discounted gift cards that you can buy to save your money. Keep this in mind for the holidays that are just around the corner.
Nerdwallet shares ideas to save too:
- Get rid of a pricey habit or cancel a subscription, and move that money back to your savings.
- You could also symbolize your savings! If you have big goals for 2020, save $20.20 each week or month and make that your goal!