You don't have to spend a fortune to dress up for Halloween! I found all kinds of quick, cheap and easy ideas online!
Good Housekeeping has some fun ones!
- Grab your friend or significant other and be Chip and Joanna Gaines. Just walk around with a split Fixer Upper sign.
- Take cardboard or posterboard, and put your art skills to work. You can be an Instagram or Snapchat filter, or you can be a meme.
- Hold onto a loaf of bread, and wear a medal. You can transform into a "Bread Winner".
- Put out a tropical vibe with a lei and whatever else you have, add boxing gloves, and you're now "Hawaiian Punch"!
- This is perfect for the desert! Get a green dress or a long-sleeved green shirt, add some yarn or other ways to emulate spikes, and you can become a cactus! Saguar-oh no? I say, cact-yes!
- You could dress up like Bob Ross, and carry around a paint brush. Have one of your friends dress like a "happy little trees."
- Or, you could be a cloud or sunshine, and have your child dress as a rainbow!
- Add Smarties candies to your jeans, and you can be a "Smarty Pants".
- You could rock a shirt that says, "Ceiling", and wear a "Number One" sign or foam finger, displaying that you're a "Ceiling Fan".
- Grab 50 grey-colored paint swatches, and attach them to your outfit. Then, you'll become "Fifty Shades of Grey".
- Dawn a fancy suit or dress, add a sticky note or sash that says, "Apology", and you can be a "Formal Apology".
- Don't feel like dressing up? Print off a sheet of paper with, "Error 404- Costume Not Found" and add it to your casual clothes.
- Use Halloween as an opportunity to become the next Bachelor or Bachelorette! Just be sure to have a lot of roses to hand out. Hopefully, someone accepts your rose!
- We've done this before as a surprise for our meteorologist. Cut out some of your favorite male faces from magazines or from the internet. Attach them to the end of an umbrella, and claim "It's Raining Men!"
- You can also throw on a mustache, cape or mask, and wear a shirt with the word, "Blessing" on it. Then, you're "A Blessing in Disguise".
Good Housekeeping also has 18 ideas for men's Halloween costumes. You'll find ideas like Anchorman, Ron Burgundy, and Jackson Maine, Bradley Cooper's role, from A Star is Born.
Here are over 25 punny costume ideas. For example:
- Wear a name tag that says, "Life". Then, carry and hand out lemons to rock the expression, "When life gives you lemons."
- You can be a "Candy Rapper".
- Hold up a sign that reads, "Life", and bring party items like streamers and balloons. That way, you can be, "The Life of the Party!"
- This one is simple. Wear a shirt that says, "Netflix", and hold an ice bucket. Get it? "Netflix and chill".
Click here to see family Halloween costume ideas.
MY OWN COSTUME IDEAS:
- I came up with a few! You know how much I love puns...
- Smart Shoppers will like this one. Take a fishing rod, add a sign to the end of the line that says, "Good Deal". Then, you'll be walking around with a "Reel-y Good Deal"!
- Put on a bunch of random items from around your home. Make a quick sash, writing out, "Miss Celaneous!" You can totally pair this with a tiara and bouquet of flowers, too!
- You could also walk around with a little dream bubble you can hold up to your head filled with "Zzzzzzz". In your other hand, hold a glove. Then, you can be a "Dream Catcher"!