When many of us think of saving, we usually think of deprivation. But it doesn't have to be that way.
We have 10 simple ways to save!
1. Start with money-tracking apps like Mint to help you figure out exactly how your money is disappearing.
2. Then make a weekly date with your money to update your budget. That way you'll you stay on track.
3. Open up a “Fun Fund” for entertainment. Have money automatically transferred to it and a separate savings account each month.
4. You still want to save when you're having fun! Use sites and apps like Restaurant.com for food, and limit the amount you spend and how often you eat out.
5. Where you eat makes a difference too. At restaurants, see if you can bring your own wine and pay a corkage fee. But don't finish the bottle and drive home.
6. Also if you pay with cash instead of a card, you're more likely to spend less.
7. I love free apps like Retailmenot because you can find coupon codes for almost anything. But it doesn't mean spend your money.
8. Wait 48 hours. It'll help with impulse buys.
9. And DIY is your friend! There are tons of sites to help you decide how to do the project, and if it's better for you or a pro.
10. You can't avoid filling up but when you fill up can save you. Avoid buying gas on weekends and when most people travel. Also, don't forget rewards programs that get you gas discounts. Plus you can click here to find the cheapest gas.
How do you save without feeling deprived? Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I want to know how you save without feeling deprived.