Glendale Fire Department says two people and a dog were rescued from an apartment fire early Sunday morning.
According to information on scene near 59th Avenue and Camelback Road, a second-story unit caught fire and when crews arrived, they found the unit fully involved with fire.
A 59-year-old woman was reportedly screaming for help at the upstairs window, so responding Glendale police officers tried their best to keep the fire down with fire extinguishers they had in their patrol cars.
When fire officials showed up soon after, they were able to rescue the woman with a ladder.
She was taken to a burn center, where she is said to be getting treatment for burns to 10 percent of her body, mostly on her hands and feet. She also suffered smoke inhalation.
Her adult son and their dog were also in the apartment and got out. Firefighters reportedly used a Fido bag to help the dog.
There is no word on how the fire started.