An APS worker has been transported to the hospital after he was injured by an electric shock near Tonopah.
Fire officials told ABC15 the APS worker raised the truck boom into a live wire.
The incident happened on Tuesday afternoon at 539th Avenue and Lower Buckeye Road.
The 40-year-old worker was transported to the hospital where he is expected to make a full recovery.
APS released the following statement to ABC15:
"Earlier this afternoon, we had an employee come in contact with an electrical line. The employee has been transported to a local hospital for treatment. This is the worst fear for electric utility workers – to see one of our own injured on the job. The dangers associated with working around electricity are real, and our first responders in the field are trained and committed to protecting each other and keeping the lights on for customers. Our thoughts and prayers are with our employee and his family during this difficult time."
APS worker has been flown out to a hospital after being electrocuted in the area of 539th Avenue, condition is unknown at this time.
— Deputy Enriquez (@DeputyEnriquez) August 23, 2016
According to officials, the electricity went through his hand and though his elbow.