A bee incident led to the early end of a Special Olympics event at a Gilbert high school on Saturday.
The Gilbert Fire Department responded to Mesquite High School, near Warner and McQueen Road, after people reported being stung by bees.
Firefighters arrived to find a group of bees gathered "in a football-sized area" on an umbrella.
Firefighters said they did not find anyone with a bee sting.
In order to not agitate the firefighters, crews moved the umbrella with bees on it several hundred yards away and monitored their activity until they moved on.
Foam, commonly used in bee incidents, was not deployed.
The incident ended what would have been the second day of competition in the Four Peaks Area Track and Field competition, according to posts on the Special Olympics Arizona Facebook page.