Resident: Neighbor's fireworks caused attic fire in west Phoenix

Posted at 10:55 PM, Jul 04, 2016
and last updated 2016-07-05 01:55:48-04

A Phoenix man is upset after he says fireworks caused his house to catch fire Monday night.

Firefighters from Phoenix and Glendale were called to a home near 83rd Avenue and Indian School for a report of a house fire.

Crews were able to control and extinguish what officials said was a small fire in the attic.

One man who lives at the home said fireworks from someone else sparked the fire.

"They're setting them off, and they're going into the sky," said Dennis Reinhardt. "That's what landed on my roof and set the house on fire."

Phoenix fire officials said the cause of the fire remained under investigation.

"This is not what should happen on the Fourth of July," Reinhardt said.