Firefighters credit smoke detectors with allowing all those inside a home when a fire started to get out safely.
Units responded to a home near 83rd Avenue and Thomas Monday night.
An 18-year-old home at the time heard the detector activate and she gathered her five sisters and brothers, ranging in ages from an infant to 16 years old. The six of them and three family dogs were able to exit the home without any injuries, according to a fire department spokesman.
Crews arrived to find fire in the kitchen and were able to save an estimated 70 percent of the home.
No injuries were reported.
The family will be displaced and is receiving assistance from the fire department's crisis response team.
No other information was immediately available.