News

Actions

FD: Woman injured in Phoenix grease fire

Posted at 4:57 AM, Dec 03, 2015

A woman has been transported to the hospital after a grease fire in Phoenix.

The fire started at a home near 22nd Street and Roeser Road just after 11:00 p.m. on Wednesday.

Phoenix fire said the woman was cooking on the stove when the grease spilled over and onto the hot burner.

The woman got her kids outside of the house and called 911.

Fire crews were able to save the remainder of the home.

The woman was transported to the hospital with minor burns. The children inside the home are staying with nearby family.