PHOENIX — How are millions of dollars of federal funding being spent around the Valley? A new data dashboard allows residents to see just where the money is going.
Maricopa County received nearly $835 million dollars in federal funds through the CARES Act and American Rescue Plan Act. Funds from both are set to benefit housing, businesses, families, health, and safety resources.
An up-to-date website shows that over $4 million has been spent out of the $435 million American Rescue Plan Act funds.
The dashboard states all CARES Act funds have been dispersed:
- Essential health and emergency response: $209.8 million
- Business support: $69.4 million
- Housing support: $58.8 million
- County services and workplace safety: $54 million
- Individuals and families: $11 million