NewsPhoenix Metro News


FD: 1-year-old girl hospitalized after swallowing unknown pill at Phoenix hotel

Baby girl hospitalized after swallowing pill at PHX hotel
Posted at 12:39 PM, Apr 25, 2021
and last updated 2021-04-26 14:09:56-04

PHOENIX — Fire officials say a one-year-old girl was hospitalized in extremely critical condition after swallowing an unknown pill at a Phoenix hotel Sunday.

The Phoenix Fire Department said firefighters responded to a hotel near 44th and Van Buren streets to find the girl who had swallowed an unknown substance.

The parents told authorities they tried to remove the pill from the girl's mouth and called 911.

When crews arrived at the scene, the girl was suffering from an "altered level of consciousness" and then went into cardiac arrest.

The child was transported to a local hospital in extremely critical condition.

Officials said Monday that the child was recovering and no longer in need of medical attention.

No arrests have been made.